|It has been suggested that this article be split into the following: Smiley Flower, Superball Flower, Flower. (discuss)|
It has been requested that this article be rewritten and expanded to include more information.
- This article is about the item in the Yoshi franchise and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. For information about other uses of "Flower", see Flower (disambiguation).
Artwork from Yoshi's Crafted World
|First appearance||Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (1995)|
|Latest appearance||Yoshi's Crafted World (2019)|
Flowers are items that appear in several Mario and Yoshi games, including Super Mario Land, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and Yoshi's Island DS. In Super Mario Land, the Flower's first appearance, the Flower (also known as Superball Flower or simply Super Flower) morphs Mario into Superball Mario, granting him the ability to shoot Superballs. The Flower in this game is very much as the Fire Flower and appears identical to pre-Super Mario World Fire Flowers in-game.
In Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Island DS, they are also named Smiley Flowers, and there are five of them in every level. Collecting all five earns Yoshi an Extra Life and fifty points. Getting all flowers in each level is also necessary for Yoshi to get a perfect score. Collecting at least one flower is also necessary to access a Bonus Challenge via the GOAL! Ring, and the chance of playing a Bonus Challenge is increased by collecting more flowers. The flowers in this game appear as sleeping seeds if frozen or not collected at the end of a level.
In Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, a Flower automatically increases Mario's maximum FP by one. Flower Points are needed to perform special attacks. These flowers resemble Fire Flowers from Super Mario Bros. They do not directly grant the ability to shoot fireballs, however, though some of Mario's flower-point-consuming special attacks involve shooting fireballs.
- In the Mario Kart series, there is a cup named the Flower Cup.
- Wigglers and Flutters have flowers on top of their heads.
- Princess Daisy of Sarasaland uses mainly flowers as her special powers, in most games in the Mario franchise
- In the Mario RPGs, Flowers appear as Flower Points that are needed to perform special moves.
Yoshi's Island DS artwork
Yoshi's New Island artwork
- This article is a stub. You can help Mariopedia by expanding it.