|Full name||Princess Shroob|
|First appearance||Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (2005)|
|Latest appearance||Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey (cameo) (2019)|
Princess Shroob is the main antagonist of the game Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. She is second in command of the alien race known as the Shroobs, although initially it appears that she is their leader. She set off a full invasion of the Mushroom Kingdom to make it their own. She is a very oppressive leader presented as a very dangerous threat to the Bros. and the Babies throughout the entire game.
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Princess Shroob had invaded the Mushroom Kingdom along with her sister Elder Princess Shroob because Planet Shroob was withering. After the Shroobs manage to get inside Princess Peach's Castle, they find Princess Peach, who had traveled back in time with E. Gadd's Time Machine. They attempt to capture her, but before they can, Princess Peach uses the Cobalt Star to imprison Elder Princess Shroob and scatters the shards of the Cobalt Star. The younger Princess Shroob manages to capture Peach.
In Baby Bowser's Koopa Cruiser, Princess Shroob is seen in a transmission, however she remains hidden in the shadows. From Shroob Castle, she fires a missile, aiming for the Koopa Cruiser. Since the Koopa Cruiser was low on ammo, the missile hits the airship and it crashes in Baby Bowser's Castle.Later on, in the Koopaseum, Princess Shroob appears on stage to celebrate the conquest of the Mushroom Kingdom by feeding Princess Peach to Petey Piranha. However, Mario, Luigi, Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi interupt her by getting onstage. Princess Shroob then orders the Shrooboid Brat to defeat them. Mario and company eventually defeat the Shrooboid Brat, but after the fight, Princess Shroob breaks a hole under the heroes, and they fall to the underground.
After falling underground, Mario and company set out to rescue Peach in Gritzy Caves. When they reach her, she has a Shroob Mushroom attached to her face. They take her back to Princess Peach's Castle in the future. This princess was actually Princess Shroob, and fools everyone, even Bowser, who kidnaps her believing she is Princess Peach. Bowser brings her to Thwomp Volcano, and after he is defeated by Mario and company, the Shroob Mothership arrives and captures the princess. Mario, Luigi, and their younger selves follow, still believing she is Princess Peach. Once they finally reach "Princess Peach", Princess Shroob reveals herself. She is about to get rid of them, but is blasted away by a disguised Kylie Koopa. This victory is short lived when she recovers and then drops Mario and his friends off of the Shroob Mothership.
|Partners in Time Enemy|
|Related||Elder Princess Shroob|
|Notice||Stats in parentheses are from the Japanese and European versions of the game if they differ from the original American stats.|
The four Mario bros. eventually make their way through a shroobified Peach's Castle and hijack a Shroob Battleship and engage the Shroob Princess in a dogfight with the Shroob Mothership. After blasting the Shroob Mothership out of the sky the Princess emerges from the wreckage. She appears to have gone mad, declaring Peach useless, the kingdom hers, and that she will destroy them all, shouting "Destroy!" several times. She then enters battle with them.
Entering the battle she is protected by a levitating force shield that can only be destroyed by jumps. In it she either fires lasers where it is NOT a good idea to for both to jump at the same time unless both pointers are pointed to the ground. The player needs to see which lasers are pointed up or down to avoid. The second attack is to turn her forcefield into a giant spider mech and then jumps onto one of the bros, with the force shield looming overhead. She then shoots lasers onto the brothers that travel straight down and then enclose on the bro., though this can be countered by jumping. Failing to avoid this attack will cause a small amount of damage and is capable of knocking the target off-balance. Then she attempts to sit on the brother. She will shake the mech three times and then either laugh or go straight down. If she laughs, then the mech will delay before crushing the target. This can be countered by Hammer. This attack can cause Confusion.
After she is out of the mech or rather forced out, she has a couple more attacks. She always teleports madly before using an attack. One attack is to shoot one fast laser ball at a brother. The brothers have to jump. Another is standing in the middle then shooting multiple balls requiring a jump after the other. If she swings her right arm towards Luigi, Mario has to jump then Luigi or the babies, and if she swings her left arm towards Mario, Luigi has to jump, then Mario. Another is to stand above the brothers and throw an energy ball down. If she shoots with her right arm, it is to Luigi, and if she shoots with her left, it is to Mario. It can be countered with the hammer. All of these energy balls can cause Poison. Finally, the last attack is to throw an energy Star that goes around faster and faster and won't stop until it either hits, which can cause random stat decrease, or is stepped on. It eventually goes slower after a while and may go faster again. If she is pointing straight forward, it's to Mario and if pointing down, it's to Luigi.
Once she gets to the halfway point (damage-wise), she glows red, gets stronger, and uses multiple attacks in one turn. Also, the force field does two attacks each turn and regenerates in two turns. The force field can be destroyed or disabled by using the Copy Flower.
After beating the princess, she lies on the floor, near-death. When Baby Bowser puts together the Cobalt Star, she crawls to where the Mario brothers are and shouts that it is her sister's turn now to fight them. She then dies and, like previous bosses, brilliantly explodes.
The Cobalt Star shards are located in many places that Princess Shroob should have been aware of, such as the Vim Factory. It is unknown why she did not attempt to have the Cobalt Star restored and bring her sister back to power.
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story / Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey
In Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and it's remake, she and Elder Princess Shroob can be seen frozen in the background of a battle of Mario and Luigi against three Shroobs in Bowser's castle, implying that she survived the previous game (even though she exploded) but was frozen by the Koopa Troop for unknown reasons.
Names in Other Languages
|French||Princesse Xhampi||Princess Shroob|
|German||Prinzessin Shroob||Princess Shroob|
|Italian||Principessa Shroob||Princess Shroob|
|Portuguese||Princesa Shroob||Princess Shroob|
|Spanish||Princesa Shroob||Princess Shroob|
- Princess Shroob's star attack is similar to the one Dark Fawful uses in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story while battling Bowser in the burned confrenece room in Princess Peach's Castle.
- At multiple points in the game, Princess Shroob drinks from a skull-shaped martini glass filled with an unknown liquid. It is possible the drink is made with Vim, as Elder Princess Shroob drinks Vim to restore her health during the Mario Bros. battle with her.
- She is currently one of two main antagonist in the Mario & Luigi games who does not possess, copy, or otherwise use Bowser, the other being Bowser himself in Dream Team. Instead, her elder sister does, and Antasma does in Dream Team.
- On that note, she's the only main antagonist in the Mario & Luigi games to not be the final boss in a game. Shrowser is instead, but she did influence the final battle as her elder sister possessed Bowser in a last ditch attempt to avenge Princess Shroob's death.
- It is possible to defeat Princess Shroob in two turns. One turn allows for the shield to break, the other turn to damage her. If Mario and Luigi's speed is high enough, she will not get a turn to attack.
- Princess Shroob is one of few female main antagonists of a Mario game. Others being Cackletta and the Shadow Queen.
- After Princess Shroob's defeat, in the American version it will show the battle reward (which is 0 EXP and 0 Coins along with no items). In the Japanese and European versions, the battle screen immediately fades out after her death animation.
- She, Cackletta and Antasma are the only three Mario villains to be Near Pure Evil.
- Many of the shards of the Cobalt Star were in Princess Shroob's grasp for the duration of the game, such as the shard held by Swiggler in the Vim factory. Ignorance of this would be implausible, suggesting that the younger princess was reluctant to reassemble the star and restore her elder sister to power.
- TMK Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time Enemy Guide. Some stats were changed from the original American version of the game to the Japanese and European versions.