Prince Froggy's typical sly look.
|Full name||Prince Froggy|
|First appearance||Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (1995)|
|Latest appearance||Yoshi's Island DS (cameo) (2006)|
- “Ribbet, ribbet, Froggy here!”
- —Prince Froggy, Tetris Attack
Prince Froggy is a Frog Pirate who lives in a large swampy area on Yoshi's Island.
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Prince Froggy's the midpoint boss of World 3 in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, and offers a truly unique challenge. When Yellow Yoshi engages the royal Frog Pirate in combat, Kamek swoops in and shrinks Yoshi, allowing Prince Froggy to swallow the poor Yoshi whole. The actual battle is between the Yellow Yoshi and Prince Froggy's uvula, with hazardous dripping stomach acid. Shy Guys (which appear larger due to Yoshi's diminished size) fall into the stomach, which can be turned into Eggs. Yoshi must throw the eggs at the prince's uvula. After enough hits, Yoshi escapes through Froggy's intestines, and reverts back to normal size.
He reappears in Tetris Attack as a partner to Clawdaddy. Froggy had also changed his evil ways and was a friend of Yoshi's to be rescued from Kamek's spell.
Names in other Languages
|Croaking Frog Prince|
|French||Couac la Goinfre||"Couac" is an onomatopoeia for a frog's croak; "Goinfre" means glutton|
|German||Börk Börk||Onomatopoeia for a frog's croak|
|Italian||Sir Ranocchio||Sir Froggy|
|Spanish||Príncipe Rana||Prince Frog|
- The name "Prince Froggy" is a reference to a fairy tale involving a princess kissing a frog and turning it into a prince.
- In the original Japanese version, his name is "Gerogero" instead - indicating that he is not truly royalty.
- He is the only boss that is not affected by Kamek's magic. In turn, he is also the only boss that does not explode, signifying defeat - Yoshi does the explosion effect instead.