It has been requested that this article be rewritten and expanded to include more information.
It has been requested that additional images be uploaded for this article. Remove this notice only after the additional image(s) have been added.
Various Beanish folk
|First appearance||Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (2003)|
|Latest appearance||Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey (2018)|
The Beanish People are the occupants of the Beanbean Kingdom, an ally of the Mushroom Kingdom located to the south of it. They make their debut in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and at least one has appeared in nearly every Mario & Luigi title to date except Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam. The Beanish people are the Beanbean Kingdom's equivalent to the Toads of the Mushroom Kingdom. They have green skin, huge mouths and are generally quick to laughter. The Beanish may be able to live for many, many years, as is evidenced by the fact that Bubbles spent one thousand years pleasing the Chuckola Reserve. The Beanish are more protective of their borders than the Toads, and their government seems less aloof than that of the Mushroom Kingdom, as seen by the Beanbean posts in Hoohoo Village.
The Hoohooligans are a separate species. There is also a Beanish species of pet called Beanlets, as well as an unnamed green dog seen accompanying an unnamed Beanish miner on Hoohoo Mountain. The Beanish are thought to be relatives of the Soybeans, who apparently lived in a time where Beanish subspecies with special abilities (the fast-moving dash-beans, the flying spin-beans and the tunneling mole-beans) existed. The Beanish people made their debut in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.
Although Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga was the debut game of the Beanish, Podley and Podler from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door appear to be of that race as well. Chuckola Cola, a drink from the Beanbean Kingdom, also reappeared in that game.
Beanish people return in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. They are seen around Pi'illo Island. Most of them on a holiday, traveling from the Beanbean Kingdom.
Notable Beanish Members
- Queen Bean - Monarch of the Beanbean Kingdom.
- Prince Peasley - Heir to the Beanbean throne.
- Cackletta - The evil bean witch.
- Fawful - Cackletta's evil servant who helped her try to take over the Beanbean Kingdom and then the World twice. He later attempted to overthrow the Mushroom Kingdom using the Dark Star in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.
- Lady Lima - Ambassador of the Beanbean Kingdom.
- Hammerhead Bros. - Two master blacksmiths who resemble hammers.
- Popple - Criminal who constantly commits theft in the Beanbean Kingdom.
- Harhall - A master fashion stylist and tailor.
- Cork and Cask - Owners of the Chateau de Chucklehuck.
- Bubbles - Founder of Chuckola Cola, Inc.
- Boddle - Founder of Yoshi Theater and Bubbles' younger brother.
- Boddle's Assistant - Boddle's personal assistant and aid.
- Fava - An expert on Neon Eggs.
- Podley - Owner of Podley's Place, a soda bar in Rogueport.
- Podler - Owner of the Fresh Juice Bar in Glitzville.
- Mine Cart Owner - An old beanish who owns a mine.
- Amiibo Beanish - A Beanish who lives in Beanbean Castle Town who knows a lot about Amiibos.
- Pi'illoper - A Pi'illo enthusiast.
- Evelyn, Jose and Markus - Three Beanish Explorers and Archeologists.
Names in other languages
|From боб (bob, bean)|