Yoshi Theater in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
|Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (2003)
|Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (2017)
The Yoshi Theater is a theater in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and its Nintendo 3DS remake, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions. It is located in the Beanbean Outskirts, north of Beanbean Castle Town.
The Yoshi Theater first appears during the quest to retrieve the four Beanstar pieces; one of them ends up in the possession of Boddle, who is overseeing preparations for the theater along with his assistant. The Mario Bros. head to the theater and find Boddle using it to decorate the sign. Despite his assistant's best attempts to stop them, Boddle listens to Mario and Luigi's request for the Beanstar piece, and agrees to trade it if they find seven Neon Eggs to decorate the sign with. The Bros. are then directed to Fava, who is found within the theater and provides them with his expertise on Neon Eggs, tasking them to find Bean Fruits for the Yoshis.
Once the seven Neon Eggs are given to Boddle, he places them on the sign and has it hung up as the Yoshis celebrate. He and his assistant then retreat within the theater to prepare for the grand opening. At the end of the game, it is revealed that the events of the plot were made into a movie that is shown in the Yoshi Theater, and the Yoshis cheer wildly at the ending.
In Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, the Yoshis watching the events of the game as a movie in the Yoshi Theater is now established in a pre-intro cutscene. The Yoshis also watch the events of Minion Quest: The Search for Bowser unfold within the theater.
All of the movies showing at the Yoshi Theater are based on games within the Nintendo universe (including Mario & Luigi itself).
- Legend of Stafy – Based on the The Legendary Starfy video game series.
- Wario – A Wario-based movie whose poster is based on a piece of artwork from the WarioWare series.
- M & L – It is implied that this is a movie of the very game that Yoshi Theater is featured in: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.
- Kirby Story – A seemingly generic movie featuring Kirby. It could be a pun on Mario Story, an alternate name for Paper Mario, as that game's main plot device is the Star Rod, which originates from the Kirby franchise.
In the Nintendo 3DS remake Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, new posters featuring movies based on past games in the Mario & Luigi series replace the original posters.
- A movie featuring Shroob-like alien invaders referencing Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time and spoofing either E.T., Men in Black, or The War of the Worlds.
- A love story movie starring Broque Monsieur, Broque Madame, Broggy, and a Blitty to refrence Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and spoofing the Disney classic Anastasia.
- A movie starring a Cheep Cheep in Twinsy Tropics to reference Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam and spoofing Steven Spielberg classic Jaws.
- A movie starring Prince Dreambert in front of a Temple to reference Mario & Luigi: Dream Team and spoofing Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Yoshi Theater's layout.
Bordering or connecting locations to Yoshi Theater include:
Names in other languages
|Cine de Yoshis