|This article needs to be expanded to include the following information:|
A ReDead in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
|First appearance||The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998)|
|Latest appearance||Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer featuring The Legend of Zelda (2019)|
ReDeads are zombie-like enemies from The Legend of Zelda series. They first appear in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
In the Super Smash Bros. series
In Super Smash Bros. Melee's Adventure Mode, ReDeads can be found in the Underground Maze. They are designed after their appearance in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. They attacking by charging at characters, leaping onto them, and slowly sucking out their health. They can be shaken off by mashing the controller buttons, after which they continue to walk around. If attacked for long enough, ReDeads eventually lie down on the ground. If left in this state, they eventually rise again, meaning that only further attacks are able to completely eliminate them. ReDeads that are killed have a chance of dropping a random trophy. On rare occasions, a ReDead can appear from Party Balls, Crates, and other kinds of containers in Versus Mode. The two types of ReDeads have different colors; the ones in Adventure Mode are a light brown, while the ones that can spawn from containers are a dark brown. Aside from the color, there is no difference between the two of them.
ReDeads reappear in the Smash Run mode in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, where they are instead designed after their appearance in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. ReDeads attack by letting out a scream that can stun the fighter or push them back if they are in the air, then by swiping at them.
Super Smash Bros. Melee trophy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl sticker
|ReDead||Zelda: Ocarina of Time||[Weapon] - Attack +5||All characters|
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U trophy
Although the same trophy appears in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, the former game lists the category as Enemy because ReDeads are enemies in Smash Run.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate spirit
|No.||Name||Image||Series / game||Type||Class||Strength / effect(s)||How to obtain||Spirit battle|
|204||ReDead||The Legend of Zelda Series||Primary (1)||Novice||Grab
|World of Light (Dracula's Castle); Spirit Board||Mewtwo ×4||
||Hyrule Castle||Song of Storms|
Names in other languages
- The trophy information in Super Smash Bros. Melee claims that Link learns in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time that the ReDeads aren't undead townspeople, but evil magic in a humanoid shape. However, this is actually not touched upon in the game itself, and seems to be inferred by the fact that many of the townspeople in the past can be found in Kakariko Village later in the game, with even more appearing during a victory celebration during the game's closing scenes. Despite this, an in-game poem refers to them as "living dead" and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask has ReDeads stated to truly be undead. The much later The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes contains ReDeads that more resemble animate clay, akin to their description in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time enemies
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask enemies
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker enemies
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes enemies
- Super Smash Bros. Melee enemies
- Smash Run enemies
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS trophies
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U trophies
- Super Smash Bros. Melee trophies
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate spirits
- Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer featuring The Legend of Zelda enemies