|First appearance||Princess Toadstool for President (1990)|
|Latest appearance||Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)|
- “Your spin will work even on these big guys! Try it!”
- —Giant Luma, Super Mario Galaxy 2
Huge Paragoombas (also referred to as Giant Land Paragoombas) are enormous Paragoombas that come from Big Island. They are essentially Grand Goombas with wings.
The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3
Huge Paragoombas do not actually exist in Super Mario Bros. 3 the game. Instead, they appeared once in The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 episode "Princess Toadstool for President". Bowser and Cheatsy had brought a cage full of Huge Paragoombas to the Mushroom Kingdom, which they unleashed on a field of crops. However, Mario and Luigi showed up and made quick work of the Huge Paragoombas, stomping them as if they were standard Paragoombas.
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Huge Paragoombas also appear in Super Mario Galaxy 2 in the Supermassive Galaxy. The only way to defeat them is to spin and then kick or spin into them again, as if they were standard Grand Goombas. This game marks the first game-appearance of the Huge Paragoomba.
Super Mario Maker / Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS / Super Mario Maker 2
Huge Paragoombas appear again in Super Mario Maker, Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS, and Super Mario Maker 2. In these games, they can be produced by applying a Super Mushroom to a standard Paragoomba. They behave identically to a Paragoomba but their larger size makes them harder to avoid.
Despite Paragoombas being prominently featured in 2D Mario games, this is a the first 2D appearance of a Huge Paragoomba.
Names in Other Languages
|Romanian||Paragoomba Uriaş||Huge Paragoomba|
- Although the Huge Paragoomba debuted in The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 The Show, they didn't actually appear in any games until Super Mario Galaxy 2 which was 20 Years later. Huge Paragoombas have made semi-frequent appearances since then.
- Aside from the Big Galoomba, the Huge Paragoomba is the only "large" Goomba that doesn't have Grand in it's name as Grand Goomba and Grand Tail Goomba do.
- The Huge Paragoomba along with the Mega Bob-omb are the two large enemies that debuted The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 before starting to appear in actual games.