PictoChat 2 is a stage that appears in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The stage is based upon the PictoChat application on the Nintendo DS system line. The name also indicates that the stage is a follow-up to the original PictoChat stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Like its predecessor, PictoChat 2 starts on a flat platform, based upon the PictoChat "enter room" message. During the match, various drawings appear that affect the stage, being either platforms or obstacles before reverting back to normal. The drawings, however, were designed to take advantage of the Nintendo 3DS' 3D effect, having some portions of the drawing placed back for added depth. Said drawings include:
- A faucet raining down water that pushes players along the stage with the current.
- Escalators that push the player up along them.
- A number of classic Pac-Man drawings that can damage players, inspired by Pac-Pix.
- A depiction of Donkey Kong, featuring rolling barrels and a drawing of Donkey Kong himself that can damage players.
- Jumping dolphins that players can stand on.
- Two platforms with electrical sparks running along them, as well as a third running along the base platform.
- An infinity symbol that the players can stand on, though only on the "outside".
- Moving clouds that can serve as platforms.
- A face blowing air that can push players into the air.
- A straight line running across the stage that cars can drive across from either side of the stage, similar to Onett.
- A pair of shoes that walk across the stage, damaging and burying any players caught by them.
- Paper airplanes that the player can stand on.
- A tornado that hurls players into the air.
- A clock; players can stand on the minute hand as it moves.
- A sunset with birds; players can stand on the horizon, the birds, and the sun.
- A pair of Wario's noses using mustaches as legs that jump around that players can stand on, inspired from the ones appearing in the title screen of WarioWare: Touched!
- A seesaw that players can stand on, which tips it to either side depending on the weight put on it.
- A roadway; players can stand on the sides of the road.
- A completely black background with a policeman stick-figure holding a flashlight; both the figure and the light can hurt players.
- A completely black background with shooting stars raining down that can damage players.
- A black background with a moon in the sky that goes through a complete lunar cycle; once it disappears the stage is completely dark.
- A number of Warp Pipes that lead to another pipe on the stage, entered by standing on them.
- Two faces staring at each other, with an electrical bolt traveling on a line between them.
- A piece of paper that gets written on; players can stand on the writing.
- A platform of "blocks" with moving platforms on both sides of the stage, resembling World 1-2 of Super Mario Bros.
The Final Destination form of the stage takes place on the same platform, though it has been extended down. Drawings of various weather patterns appear in the background throughout the match, though have no impact.
In for 3DS, the unlock match for R.O.B. takes place here.
|PictoChat||PictoChat||Composition Supervisor: Shogo Sakai|
Composition: HAL Laboratory, Inc.
|Dr. Mario||Dr. Mario||Arrangement Supervisor: Shogo Sakai|
Arrangement: HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Names in other languages
Túyā liáotiān 2
|German||PictoChat 2||PictoChat 2|
|Spanish||PictoChat 2||PictoChat 2|