Mega Piranha Plant
|Mega Piranha Plant|
|Variant of||Piranha Plant|
|First appearance||New Super Mario Bros. (2006)|
|Latest appearance||Mario Party Superstars (2021)|
- Not to be confused with Piranhacus Giganticus.
Mega Piranha Plants (also known as Super Piranha Plants, Giant Piranha Plants, or (generically) Big Piranha Plants) are giant Piranha Plants found in the New Super Mario Bros. series and other later Super Mario series titles. Unlike most Piranha Plants (including Piranhacus Giganticus), Mega Piranha Plants are never found inside pipes due to their gigantic size. Mario must shoot three fireballs at one to destroy them. When defeated in New Super Mario Bros., they give up eight coins instead of the usual one coin. In the sequels, this is reduced to three coins. Another similar enemy that appears only in New Super Mario Bros. Wii is the Super Venus Fire Trap.
Super Mario 3D World / Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Super Piranha Plants appear in Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. Like normal Piranha Plants, these can be stomped to be defeated. However, these require two stomps to be defeated. This is the first appearance of a Super Piranha Plant in a 3D Mario game.
Super Mario Maker 2
Names in other languages
|Huge Piranha Plant|
- As stated in the Super Mario 3D World Prima Guide
- As stated in the New Super Mario Bros. Player's Guide
- As stated in the New Super Mario Bros. Wii Prima Guide
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii Internal Filename
- New Super Mario Bros. U Internal Filename
- New Super Mario Bros. Internal Filename
- As stated in the New Super Mario Bros. U Prima Guide