World 5 (Yoshi's Island DS)
|Appearance||Yoshi's Island DS|
|<< List of worlds >>|
World 5 is the fifth and final world in Yoshi's Island DS. Like the other worlds, it contains eight normal levels and two secret levels, one unlocked for beating the game and another for getting 800 points in the world.
The boss at the end of world 5-4 is Moltz the Very Goonie, as the title of the stage implies. In the final level, world 5-8, Baby Wario and Baby Bowser rejoin the group as they head into Bowser's Castle. However, at the end, Baby Bowser betrays Yoshi and fights the player, but is defeated. After that, Bowser, in his normal form, shows up and attacks as well. After he is defeated, Kamek uses his magic to enlarge him, much like he did to Baby Bowser in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. In this final battle, the enormous Bowser is in the distance and the player controls four Yoshis at once, carrying Baby Mario, Baby Peach, Baby Donkey Kong, and Baby Wario and must throw giant eggs at Bowser to defeat him. This is also much like the final boss of the original Yoshi's Island.
- 5-1: Rompin', Stompin' Chomps - A Grassy Mountain with heaps of Chomps, Stompin' Chomps, and Incoming Chomps which utilize the use of all 3 Babies. The end has a chase from a Chomp Shark.
- 5-2: Goonie Heights - A Canyon with numerous Goonies. They fly around and can be used to cross the level.
- 5-3: Spear Guys' Village Found! - The Village of the Spear Guys. It is located in the Jungle and has several Spear Guys, Dancing Spear Guys, and Pike Guys. The village also has several Huts which need to be explored.
- 5-4: The Fort of Moltz the Very Goonie - The castle of Moltz the Very Goonie. It is located atop a high mountain on Yoshi's Island and has several moving platforms and spikes as obstacles. It also has several Robot Platforms. There is a rocket section too.
- 5-5: The Cave That Never Ends - A lava cavern with lava pits, Ghost Piranhas, and Skeleton Goonies. It is also autoscrolling and has many enemies.
- 5-6: Find the Number Ball! - A lava cavern with 4 Number Balls that need to be found and put into their slots. Numerous skills and efforts are required to reach the 4 number balls.
- 5-7: Superhard Acrobatics - A Sky high level that has platforms in the sky that Yoshi will need to jump from. There are numerous enemies in these skies such as Blow Hards, Piranha Plants, Skeleton Goonies, and Gusties.
- 5-8: At Last, Bowser's Castle! - The final scary castle. A rocket is required to reach Bowser's Castle and. Yoshi can pick from all 5 babies here and each Baby has it's own room with unique challenges revolving around the baby's abilities.
- Secret: Yoshi's Island Easter Eggs - A gauntlet with 8 trials marked by Flashing Eggs.
- Extra: Quit it Already, Tap-Tap! - A level that takes place in Space where a Super Big Tap-Tap is relentlessly chasing Yoshi. There are also smaller Tap-Taps, the Super Big Tap-Tap is encountered 3 times in this level.