World 3 (Yoshi's Island DS)
|Yoshi's Island DS
|<< List of worlds >>
World 3 is the third world featured in Yoshi's Island DS. The first half takes place in a tropical beach area, and the second in an tropical aquatic cavern area. The bosses of World 3 are Bessie Bass and Priscilla the Peckish. Also notable about World 3 is that it is where Yoshi and friends meet Baby Wario, who joins the party at the start of stage 3-5 and accompanies them throughout the rest of the world. However, at the end of the world, Wario leaves the party and joins a group of Bandits.
- 3-1: Up the Creek A tropical river with twin waterfalls, Hanging Blow Hards, a water infested with Lunge Fish and Flopsy Fish. It also is home to a lone Nep-Enut.
- 3-2: The Goonie Coast Isn't Clear! A Sea taken over by Pirate Ships inhabited by Pirate Guys. Bloopers and Boss Basss are found in the waters and the skies filled with Goonies.
- 3-3: Island of Peril The beach of Yoshi's Island that has a Pipe linked to smaller Islands with numerous things. The end is identical to the beginning but at night.
- 3-4: Bessie Bass's Battleship A massive Pirate Ship Castle commanded by Bessie Bass. There are numerous enemies onboard the Battleship such as Pirate Guys, Bandits, Potted Ghosts, Tap-Taps, and Boos.
- 3-5: Heeeeeeere's Wario! A watery cavern with Metal Blocks. Baby Wario is found here and his Magnet ability is the main theme of the level.
- 3-6: Use the Magnet to Get Rich Quick! A Beach which transitions into a Jungle. Heaps of Snap-Jaws and Paratroopas are found here. Heaps of Coins are found in the jungle as well and some Red Coins are hidden in the bushes. The end is a beach with waters infested with Boss Basses.
- 3-7: Tap-Tap's Sunken Cave A flooded Cavern filled with Tap-Taps and Fangs. The end of the cavern is a muddy lava-filled area where a Super Big Tap-Tap is waiting.
- 3-8: Castle of Priscilla the Peckish The scary castle. It has numerous water showers and heaps of Lantern Ghosts, Gooey Goons, Lunge Fish, and Spikes. The hungry Priscilla the Peckish is the boss of this castle and is patiently waiting below her sandy sinkhole for her next (and probably last) meal.
- Secret 3: A Light in the Dark A level filled with dark areas only lit up by torches. The first section is a trap-filled Warehouse with Spikes everywhere. Shy Guys and Lantern Ghosts are very common here. The second section is a skiing section with Ice Rocks and more, the third section is the main part of Yoshi's Island at night. Several Crabbles have sought solace in the tight nooks here.
- Extra 3: Number Ball Special A cavern with 5 Number Balls that need to be throw in their slots to exit the cave. Skills mastered prior need to be used to get the Number Balls and then shoot them in their slots. Watch out for the Crusher Blargg though.